Wednesday, July 21, 2010

All Things Baby

It's a girl!

We wanted to wait to name her until we saw her but then we absolutely fell in love with a name and have decided on it! Elsie Jeannette, after both Benjy's and my grandmas. The funny thing is Elsie was our favorite name when we wrote down the preliminary list and later Benjy was going through a genealogy chart and we found out his grandma's given first name is Elsie (she doesnt go by it). Thats when we really fell in love with it.

I am 28 weeks and things are going pretty well. I started feeling better around 22 weeks and as long as i eat steadily throughout the day I do just fine. Its pretty exciting not to have to plan my day around the times I am most likely to throw up and having to carry around barf bags for the unexpected mishap.

These ultrasounds are from when I was 20 weeks, so they're a little late but my mom hasn't even seen them yet so I figured I needed to put them up. They are upside-down, they're labeled but look at the bottom left to see what it is supposed to be. People ask if we are sure that she is a girl since sometimes it is common for ultrasound techs to miss the boy parts.... I'm judging by the pose that she is definitely a girl. The picture of me is from this Sunday (28 weeks). I look huge. I know i will eventually be that big, and I'm totally ok with it, but I swear I'm not as of now... that pregnancy dress just makes me look really round.
Enjoy!

9 comments:

Joe and Mandy Johnson said...

I am excited for you! Cute baby bump!!

jessandbryce said...

AHH THAT IS SO MUCH FUN! WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS! SO GLAD YOU POSTED! CONGRATS!

Paul and Katie said...

Finally another post! YAY! Maybe after your statistics final tomorrow you will have more time to blog ;) And no, you are not really that big... yet. You are also carrying her high and so you will look bigger until she drops at the end. But your bump is darling and you look super cute. Enjoy it while you can.

Lauren Allen said...

About time Keeendal! Thanks for the pics! Can't wait to see you and your bump for real! :)
And I LOVE the name!! Elsie is perfect!

p.s. you wont be like a regular mom....you'll be a "cool mom"!

Janiebelle007 said...

She looks like Benjy.

Brooke said...

Congratulations Kendal! I am so excited for you. You look great and I just know you are going to be SUCH a good mommy! Can't wait to see pictures of her...Hope everything is going well!!

Alisha and Braeden said...

Congrats! A girl will be so much fun and I LOVE the name Elsie. I took care of an elderly lady named Elsie and I feel in love with that name. You just look so cute preggo! Good luck!

Janiebelle007 said...

Since you haven't blogged lately I guess I'll have to say congratulations on Elsie Jeannette's arrival today. You will be a great mom but it's gonna take a while to get used to Benjy being a dad.

Janiebelle007 said...

Are you EVER going to blog about this baby?

Post a Comment